Adding and Editing an Exchange Monitor
The Exchange Monitor lets you monitor the Microsoft® Exchange™ Server application. The Exchange Monitor provides real-time information about the state and health of Microsoft Exchange servers on your network. The Exchange Monitor supports monitoring of Microsoft Exchange Server version 2007 and later, which can be on any machine in your network. To create custom parameters to monitor, the Exchange Server host must be WMI-enabled.
: Do not use the Exchange Monitor to monitor Exchange 2003 servers.
: This feature is only available in WhatsUp Gold Premium Edition. To update your license, visit the MyIpswitch portal.
To add or edit an Exchange active monitor:
- Click the tab, then click . The Monitor Library dialog appears.
- Click the tab. The Active Monitor list appears.
- Click and select from the list to create a new Exchange monitor. Click .
- or -
Select the Exchange monitor you want to change from the list of current monitors, and then click .
- Complete the information for the following fields.
- . Type a name for the active monitor. This name displays in the Active Monitor Library.
- . Type a short description for the monitor. This description displays next to the monitor in the Active Monitor Library.
- . Select the Category that matches the Exchange server role(s). Highlight the category and click to set the individual thresholds. The threshold configuration dialog for the highlighted category opens.
- . Select the services you want to monitor.
- .Select this option to have the monitor appear in the Active Monitor list on the Device Properties dialog. WhatsUp Gold adds the monitor type to the device during a rescan, which is launched using the button on the Device Properties dialog, if the protocol or service is active on the device.
- Click to save your changes.
For more information on configuring an Exchange Monitor, go to Getting Started with Exchange Monitors.
After configuring an active monitor in the Active Monitor Library, add the monitor to devices.