The Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) monitor accesses SNMP-supported network devices and graphs performance output.
Provide a unique name and description for the monitor, then configure the following:
- Click to launch the MIB Browser.
- Enter the Name or IP Address for any monitored device or click Browse () to select a device, then click to return to the MIB Browser.
- Select a valid SNMP v1/v2/v3 credential from the list or click Browse () to access the Credentials Library where you can create a new one, then click to return to the MIB Browser.
- Update the default and/or if desired, then click to connect to the device.
- Select the specific Object ID and Instance to be monitored from the navigation tree displayed within the SNMP MIB Browser dialog, then click .
- Enable to monitor the current polled value instead of tracking the rate of change over time. Use this feature to graph the current value of the SNMP object.
: While SNMP Performance monitors are used to gather historic performance, accounting, fault, and security metrics data useful for reports, SNMP active monitors are used to determine device Up state.