The Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) monitor accesses SNMP-supported network devices and graphs performance output.
Provide a unique name and description for the monitor, then configure the following:
- Click to launch the MIB Browser.
- Enter the Name or IP Address or navigate to and select any monitored device using the Browse option ().
- Select a valid credential from the list or click the Library icon () to access the Credentials Library where you can create a new one.
- Update the default and/or if desired.
- Select the specific Object ID and instance to be monitored from MIB Tree.
- Click to return to the monitor configuration dialog.
- Enable the option to monitor the current polled value instead of tracking the rate of change over time. Use this feature to graph the current value of the SNMP object.
: While SNMP Performance monitors are used to gather historic performance, accounting, fault, and security metrics data useful for reports, SNMP active monitors are used to determine device Up state.