Application Monitoring Settings
Access settings specific to application monitoring by selecting from the top navigation menu. This dialog allows you to customize the following features of application monitoring in WhatsUp Gold:
- Configure WhatsUp Gold to report the application states Warning, Maintenance, or Unknown as either Up or Down depending on your preferences or needs.
- Specify data retention times for individual application monitoring data types including Hourly, Raw, Action Log, Resolved Items Log, and State Change Log.
- Enable to include data for all components and groups under your current selection in the application monitoring tree when displaying reporting data and logging activity.
- Enable to include applicable component data when determining application status.
The application monitoring settings dialog also provides the following additional controls:
- Specify the URL for the iDrone Manager Service when monitoring applications using end user monitoring components. If your WhatsUp Gold IIS instance is using a non-standard port, click to update the URL. For more information, see Configuring iDrone (EUM Poller).
- Manage user-defined global attribute names in a library interface similar to Credentials and Monitors. To create a new global attribute name, click , name the new attribute, then click . The new attribute now appears in the applicable dropdown menu for adding attributes when creating an application profile. For more information, see Working with Application Attributes. Please note, global attribute names may not contain spaces.