The File Properties monitor checks to see if a file in a local folder or on a network share meets the conditions specified in the monitor's configuration. This monitor supports percent variables (
%Device.HostName) allowing you to use a macro for applying multiple devices to a monitor.
: The File Properties monitor only checks files in folders local to a device on which WhatsUp Gold is installed or files in network shares accessible from the WhatsUp Gold device.
Provide a unique name and description for the monitor, then configure the following:
- . Enter the Universal Naming Convention (UNC) file path that WhatsUp Gold uses to access the file. For example: \\192.168.3.1\website\product\index.htm for a file on a single device. If you provide the value for File size, File checksum using, or File modified within options, you can also use percent variables for the path of the file to monitor. For example, \\%Device.Address\website\product\index.htm or \\%Device.HostName\website\product\index.htm for a file located on multiple machines with the same file path name. Please note, mapped drive paths are not permitted.
- . Enable this option if the file does not exist for the monitor to report as Up.
- . Enable this option if the file does exist for the monitor to report as Up.
- . Enable this option to determine the success or failure of the monitor scan based on the size of the specified file.
- . Enable this option to determine the success or failure of the monitor scan based on the date on which the file was last modified.
- . Enable this option to determine the success or failure of the monitor scan based on the file's checksum and specified algorithm used to calculate the checksum.
: Selecting this option can greatly increase the amount of time it takes to complete the monitor scan and degrade or lag WhatsUp Gold performance. The probability of lengthy monitor scans and slower performance increases when you use algorithms other than SHA1 when you are scanning large files or when you scan files located on network shares.
- . Enable this option to specify if the file has or has not been modified within the selected interval for the monitor to report as Up.