The JMX Active Monitor allows you to monitor any server that supports JMX by requesting one or more JMX attributes the server supports and allows you to easily browse and add available attributes to the monitoring list.
- Provide a unique name and description for the monitor, then configure the following:
- . Enable this option to use the JMX active monitor secured by SSL.
- . Enter the port number on the server that WhatsUp Gold should use to communicate with the JMX service.
- Click the add iconto launch the JMX Browser - Select Attributes dialog.
- Specify or browse to and select the target device to browse.
- If needed, select an existing JMX credential from the list or click the library icon to access the Credentials Library, then create one.
- Ensure the and settings reflect your selections made in the previous dialog.
- Select one or more attributes, then click to launch the Comparison Definition dialog.
: Multiple attributes can be selected and configured at once as long as they are of the same type. You can also select multiple attributes, then click Copy to configure multiple comparison types and values for those attributes simultaneously using the same monitor.
- Specify the and for the selected attribute(s).
- Click to return to the monitor configuration dialog.
- Repeat procedure steps as needed to configure comparison settings for other attributes to be monitored.
- Click to save the monitor.