Ping Interarrival Jitter
Ping Interarrival Jitter monitor returns resulting variance from multiple pings to a specified device.
Provide a unique name and description for the monitor, then configure the following:
- . Hostname or IP address of the target device to monitor. You can also enter the
%Device.HostName percent variable to configure the monitor to ping the device to which the monitor is assigned.
- . Maximum length of time in seconds to wait for the ping reply message after sending the ping (ICMP echo).
- . Number of times WhatsUp Gold attempts to send the ping (ICMP echo) messages.
- . Number of routing nodes ("hops") that can forward the ping data before it is discarded.
- . Length in bytes of data to be sent in the ping message and returned in the ping reply message.
- . Amount of time the jitter value must exceed for WhatsUp Gold to report the device to which the monitor is assigned as Down.
- . Amount of time the interarrival jitter value must exceed for WhatsUp Gold to report the device to which the monitor is assigned as Down.
- . Enable this option to prevent the monitor reporting the device as Down in the event of a connection error.