SMS Action sends a Short Message Service (SMS) notification to a pager or cell phone using an email gateway or dial-up modem. An SMS Action can also be used as an SMS notification in the WhatsUp Gold Alert Center.
Configure the following:
- . Enter a unique name for the action. This name displays in the Actions Library.
- . Enter a short description about the action. This description displays next to the action in the Actions Library.
- . Select the country for the SMS provider.
- . Select the desired provider. If the provider list is incomplete and/or incorrect, you can click browse (...) to add, edit, or delete providers in this list.
- . Select an available mode. Options displayed depend on how the provider was created in the system.
- . Phone number to call. You can enter multiple phone numbers, separated by a comma. There is a 2,000 character limit in this field. Non-numeric characters such as "-" and "." are ignored.
Active and Passive Monitors
- . Message to be sent from a WhatsUp Gold Alert Center notification including percent variable codes. Note that applying percent variables can expand actual character count. You can use the respective and dropdown menus within the dialog to automatically insert supported variables.
: If the message exceeds 140 characters, the message will be broken into up to 3 parts and will be sent as separate messages ("1 of 3", "1 of 2", etc.).