Web Alarm Action
The Web Alarm action sounds an alarm by playing sound file on the WhatsUp Gold console.
: In previous versions of WhatsUp Gold, the Web Alarm action was included in the Implicit Action Policy. This is no longer true in WhatsUp Gold v14 and later.
Configure the following:
- . Enter a unique name for the action. This name displays in the Actions Library.
- . Enter a short description about the action. This description displays next to the action in the Actions Library.
- . Enter a short message to send to the visual cue part of the Web Alarm in the web interface. You can use the respective , and/or dropdown menus within the dialog to automatically insert supported variables.
- . Select this option to play the sound file whenever a web alarm action fires. Clear this option to only have the visual cue appear in the Web Interface.
- . Select a sound file that is installed in your \
Program Files\Ipswitch\WhatsUp\HTML\Nm.UI\WebSounds directory. Custom sounds added to this directory appear in the drop-down list.
: For Web Alarms to work properly, your browser must support embedded sound files.