SNMP Set Action
This action sends an SNMP Set to a device in order to change a specific SNMP action. You can configure SNMP Set actions to perform a number of tasks, including rebooting a device, changing the state of a network remotely, disabling or enabling a device feature, etc.
The SNMP Set action can use any SNMP credential defined in the Credentials Library and supports all types of writable objects (strings, integers, timeticks, etc.).
If the action operation fails, errors are reported to the Action log.
Configure the following:
- . Enter a unique name for the action. This name displays in the Action Library.
- . (Optional) Enter additional information about the action. This description displays next to the action in the Action Library.
- . Enter the IP address or host name of the device to which the action to send the SNMP Set.
- . Select the SNMP credential that the action is to use. This list is populated with credentials currently configured in the Credentials Library.
- . Enter the object identifier (OID) that the action is to use or click to navigate to and select the OID.
- . Enter the instance that coincides with the OID that the action is to use.
- . Select the type of written object the action is to use.
- . Enter a value for the type you selected.
: The action only allows you to set one value at a time.